My Me-Made-May ‘16 didn’t go very well at all – at least the pledge portion didn’t. I wore an average of two items each week (rather than my pledge four), and these were my ginger jeans, my red spotty blouse, my mint green wallpaper blouse or PJs. This did suggest that the items I’m making are not ones that get much chance to be worn.
When I wasn’t wearing me-made, I was wearing black trouser suits and tops (that are not blouses) for work, or leggings, t-shirts / vest tops and cardigans when not at work. So I think I need to concentrate on these items instead.
I have plans to make PJs for Jez next, but after that I’ll be working through the following:
- Summer jacket (to test a pattern for a suit jacket);
- Ginger jeans and jackets from the same suiting material, to replace my black suits that are wearing out;
- More Ginger jeans, including a black pair with red top-stitching;
- Various t-shirts and vest tops (to show off my new tattoo!);
- Comfy, stretchy tops for work; and
- Casual cardigans.
This may make Me-Made-May ’17 (tongue twister!) more successful and see me getting everyday wear out of my me-made clothes.
What have you learned from Me-Made-May ’16?