Due to being busy at work and too tired to do much once I got home, I’ve had a dry spell of sewing. I’ve had some homemade patchwork cushions hanging around in my sewing cave that I made years ago, and the cats had been using to sleep on when they watch me working from home. They were made from all kinds of fabric reclaimed from old clothes, including jersey fabric that I hadn’t stabilised. I loved them, but they were misshapen and covered in cat hair, so one day I just decided to get rid of the covers and keep the cushions to reuse them.
The cushions hung around nude for a while, before I decided to deal with them and do some stash busting at the same time. I had some pink gingham fabric that had been around almost as long as the cushions and I thought it would make a good inner cover to refresh the now floppy, sad-looking, naked cushions. I had every intention of making newer, more interesting cushion covers that could be removed and washed, but I liked the look of these cushions so much when they were finished that I decided to call them finished. It made a nice quick make and I hoped it would be the beginning of more sewing.
It felt good to start and finish a project in one day.